Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sayonara! Cone of Shame.

Scruffy wore the cone for two weeks, just to make sure he will not lick the area and delay the healing process.  It has been difficult for him to move around with the cone on his head.  I sometimes found him pulling the cone off his head out of frustration, especially if he is trying to hold the bone with his front legs.  

Finally, Scruffy's long wait is over!  Last weekend, I brought Scruffy to the vet for post operation check up and suture removal.



It was the second time I drove with Scruffy as my passenger.  Well, he is my only passenger since I learned how to drive, and our only destination is the vet clinic.  Scruffy, being a smart dog he is, associated me driving and him in the passenger seat with going to the vet.  He was uneasy and whiny the entire ride.  When we reached the clinic parking lot, he barely walked and tried to stick his claws in the pavement.  I cannot blame Scruffy for being scared, if the only memory he had of the clinic was being stuck by painful needles.

Inside the treatment room, although scared, Scruffy was calm and obedient.  The staff who attended him told me that he is a well behave dog.  Of course!  I was proud and surprised at the same time.  Scruffy is far from well behave at home.  Not that he is a bad dog but, he is hyper and in need of constant attention.  I guess walking before going to the clinic helped release his excess energy.

We are going to visit the clinic again this coming weekend.  I hope Scruffy will be more comfortable during the ride. 




No comments:

Post a Comment