Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What's with the Shoe?


My poor shoe..
I am sure all dog owners can relate to this post very well.  How often do you stop your dog from chewing on basically everything inside your house?  Does your dog's chew toys do not seem to be enough to satisfy its curiosity and urge to chew?



Someone told me that there are dogs that do not chew everything, and there are others that do.  Well, if that is the case, I think Scruffy belongs to "others that do" chew basically everything.  Aside from his chew toys, he also likes chewing the edges of the stair case, the bottom of the leather ottoman, the spring door stopper mounted on the wall, or basically things that are on the floor and can be easily reached by him.  But, his most favorite things to chew, especially when nobody notices are shoes and flip flops.

To avoid Scruffy from chewing my work shoes, I keep them inside my room and make sure to keep the doors close.  But one time, when I came back from work, I accidentally left my bedroom door open.  For some reason, I did not hear him following me.  When I got out of the bathroom, I can hear a munching sound.  I followed the sound, and to my surprise, I found Scruffy in the middle of the stair case snacking on my left shoe!  I felt helpless.  It was my favorite pair of shoes.  Of course, I scolded Scruffy, but the damage has been done.

I wonder when will the chewing stop or will it ever stop?  Any suggestions?  

Munch! Munch!


No comments:

Post a Comment