Sunday, July 22, 2012

When Scruffy met Seven...



I am not sure if I already mentioned what kind of dog Scruffy is.  Just in case it slipped my mind, Scruffy is a chihuahua mix.  When we got him, we were not sure what the other half is.  We forgot to ask the previous owner about it.

We guessed from breeds like cocker spaniel, terrier, and retriever.  Even the people I meet every time I take Scruffy for a walk also tried guessing.  As Scruffy grew, certain features became prominent.  Although, his chihuahua blood is apparent to his body size, other features like the fur on his face is I think from the other half of the breed.

Scruffy's face has spiky and scattered fur, just right above his nose towards the sides and it gets a little long in between his eyes.  It looks cute when it was growing but at the same time, when the fur gets longer, it makes him look like an "old" dog-- similar to a very old person.  The fur on his neck, down to his body-- spine area towards his tail, his legs, is thicker and longer than the sides of his body.

Finally, we got a chance to visit my aunt's friend who adopted one of Scruffy's brothers, and learned that Scruffy's half terrier.  The owners named him Seven.  I guess his number seven among the puppies.  It made us wonder whether Scruffy is younger or older than Seven.  Scruffy enjoyed running around, sniffing, and swimming with Seven.


No comments:

Post a Comment